A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load Adsense Into Flash?

Load Adsense Into Flash?

I publish a webcomic at miniggigles and I'd like to incorporate ad serving code directly into the Flash presentation. If you click through the top two comics listed in the sidebar you'll see where I want the ad to appear, near the end.

I've been reading material about how Flash can communicate with outside data sources and it seems to me that one or more methods could be used to do this. But I'm not familiar enough with Flash to pick the best. Can someone point me in the right direction regarding which method would be best for what I'm trying to accomplish? I have Flash CS4 and prefer to use AS3.

I know this probably violates the Adsense TOS but I want to get the proof of concept worked out before I discuss it with them.

Thanks!

I can't really point you in the right direction, but I'm pretty sure AdSense will need to have a way to track traffic. I'm just not sure Flash could accommodate AdSense without custom-coded ad displays. Every bit of text would be read into Flash.

Now, just to get you started, you could try sending the entire html code from the AdSense ads to Flash as a string variable. Then, you could somehow display that code the way it would display on a webpage. This is only a theory, not something I've tried.
    GetLives Arcade: Play games, nothing else.
    This site is nothing but Flash-powered games. If you're bored, try a few of them.

Thank you for taking a look, and for your suggestion. I'm also working on a Javascript/Mootools solution using a slideshow that I think will work better for this particular issue. Except for this though, it's so much easier to produce in Flash.