A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to purchase?

How to purchase?

I've made 2 attempts via the Contact page at http://www.3dfa.com/, and no response.

Is there a direct email address or phone number that I can call and purchase this product (Educational license).

Thank you,
    Mike
    webmaster at mooresvillechristian . org

I don't understand how it can be a problem buying the 3DFA, using credit card at paypal should not be an problem, is it?

And I don't think there exists an special educational license to buy, there is the normal license which applies to 1 user, isn't it?

It must only be a matter of time before you get a word from official people in the email response, be patient!

You might want to wait for version 5 of the software, it is supposed to be an major upgrade and all that buy previous version should have to buy it again (under debate - not official - probably)...
    Last edited by SirN; 02-23-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: added

Yes, according to their site they offer an educational license, and you have to contact them to ask about it. However, 2+ weeks, and no response yet......

This is a great software product, and I certainly am interested in version 5.

I do wish someone would reply though. It doesn't look good when there's no response.

Thank you for you input.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SirN View Post
    I don't understand how it can be a problem buying the 3DFA, using credit card at paypal should not be an problem, is it?

And I don't think there exists an special educational license to buy, there is the normal license which applies to 1 user, isn't it?

It must only be a matter of time before you get a word from official people in the email response, be patient!

You might want to wait for version 5 of the software, it is supposed to be an major upgrade and all that buy previous version should have to buy it again (under debate - not official - probably)...
    Are you sure? Last post I can find from 3dfa was regarding 4.9 version and is dated from 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by blanius View Post
    Are you sure? Last post I can find from 3dfa was regarding 4.9 version and is dated from 2007...
    No, I'm not sure at all, I just remember that it was announced first that he wished to release version 5 and get paid again. Then I don't know what happened (apart from an huge uproar from some people about it all). It all was a quite long time ago and no v.5 has arrived soo - but I think he wants more developed and tested in the latest version (betatesting) soo he can make version 5 good, and we here have not developed and reported much about the latest release!

Perhaps, otherwise he has taken a break for other reasons!

I was a user from 2.x to 4.2 or there about (I was even the forum MOD), but when it went un-updated for over a year with no response I left the platform. Rob did come back and released 4.9 which is huge rewrite and added a lot of functionality with AS3 support. But here you are again what 2 years later and no information... I hope you get a response and I do hope Rob gets v5 out and it's all that they promised.