A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help implementing a transition filter.

Help implementing a transition filter.

Hey!

I am again in need of some help, though this time it's a bit more...graphically oriented? Anywho, I'm trying to get a few image transition filters done that are Actionscript 3 based, but I'm having trouble figuring one of them out. You can view the none-dynamic version here.

So basically I am trying to achieve a television static "zap-out" effect with the next image. I was first thinking just shifting each row of the new image a bit, but then I noticed that in the example, the image is also distorted I think, or the contrast has been narrowed?

If anyone has any suggestions on achieving this effect, please do give a shout! Right now I'm figuring I'll just work on shifting the rows...

Thanks!

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Here's my pixel bender RGB split,

http://blog.gamingyourway.com/PermaL...cd7061981.aspx

Then it's just pulsed cross fades, a simple static animation fading in and out too. I wasn't loving the lines on that example but I guess you could use a mask with a distorted version of the first image with the lines being in the mask.

Squize.

Oh Jesus...I remember the age when I downloaded the PixelBender tooltekit, and the damned thing would always crash on me while experimenting...I gave up soon after.

That was a really good read, some good food for my brain (I'm having a hell of a week so far), yumyumyum....Looks like I'm in for more PixelBender experimentation!

Thanks a bunch for the pointer! I'm still not sure how complex I'm going to go with the transitions.
    (I think I already played Ionic on NG or something...and that really is saying something, seeing that I only go there once every few weeks to check out what's new)

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

No worries.

I really don't like the lines in the example though. If you create a bitmap full of noise ( In Photoshop etc. rather than Flash ), put it into a movie clip then on frame 2 flip it, frame 3 flip it again etc. so it's facing a different direction on all 4 frames then that's a quick and easy static effect done in 5 mins.

Then you can just use something like TweenLite to fade it in and out for you.

Another simple way to make it look nice is add a black band to the bottom of the image then alter the y pos of the image so it looks like the hold is slipping and you can see the vertical blank.

Squize.