A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Incredible flickr stream

Incredible flickr stream

this guys work is amazing. and it proves that it's the photographer not the camera. Canon Rebel T1i

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scarroll99/

i'll add this to the inspiration thread after a while but figured i'd give him his own thread for a little more attention first.

would love to see his PP work flow.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    very sensitive and emotional photography...I enjoyed the link!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

This is really nice stuff. Would like to know what lighting he uses and what lens he uses - the Rebel is a fine camera - stick a decent lens on it and properly light/compose your shot and I suppose you don't need anything more.

Good find.

Glass is definitely more important then the camera. Camera sensors are pretty far advanced now so even a rebel series are packing some power. it's mostly form factor for the lower end models that make them different.

also a resized flickr photo on a screen is going to look good because of how small it is no matter what camera it comes from as well. it's the 100% views for the pixelpeepers where you can see the finer differences and also in large prints.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    The lens really helps, and of course you need to have a good eye. These photos are very dramatic and thought provoking.

However, you need to know how to post process to get your desired effect. In this case, you need to know how to take the photos so you can apply your desired post technique.

this one is really beautiful http://www.flickr.com/photos/scarrol...7623024240040/

The contrast is very well done, and I bet it's not just using the brightness contrast tool. Also desaturated and a bit cool. There are lots of ways to recreate what the dark room does to film, but combining layers, dodge burns, shadow/highlights, sharpening and all that. Just my 2 cents!