A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swfobject not installing

swfobject not installing

i tried installing swfobject, downloaded the v2.2 express install, took down my firewall, changed my flash settings to allow it to connect to fpdownload.macromedia.com, and ran the installer on my windows 7 64 machine in firefox, IE, and directly in flash, and nothing happens, just an empty browser window. in firefox it says its transferring data from fpdownload.macromedia.com, but when i click on a different tab and come back it says its done, but nothing happened.

v1.2 is available without an express installer, but it doesn't seem to be working for me either, but i might be doing something wrong, im just typing in the swf file name and clicking generate, copying and pasting the code into an html document in the same folder and running it, i dont know what else to do.

well i guess i have to study JavaScript before i can even use this, i kind of skimmed through JavaScript and didn't pay close attention because i figured flash could do everything JavaScript could. but this is the number 1 embedding software that every1 recommends, and i hear it does things like stretch the flash raster to accommodating the window size, which im very interested in. but im not following the documentation well enough so im off to find some JavaScript tutorials to hopefully make it more clear.

Are you also uploading the .js file? swfobject requires the actual javascript file in order for it to work.
    EfV