A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Urgent! Need help (Deadline on this game)

resolved [RESOLVED] Urgent! Need help (Deadline on this game)

Hi I am using Flash CS4 Version 10.0 on Vista. Using ActionScrip 2.0 for the programming

I am a newbie when it comes to making games, but I have been programming and designing a riddle game, but now I have current problem:

In short: The game is a riddle game, where the player has to enter letters in an input box in order to solve a specific word - When a letter is incorret a X number of times you lose.

My Goal:
    I wish to add Animation in my game - so if you pick a wrong letter there will be an animated sequence, as well as when you win and lose.

My problem:
    My problem is, I have already added tweens and I am able to do the animation, however when I play the game, It stops when the intro animation has ended - so I cannot start the game. Also the animations sequences I have added inbetween the "chances" you have, are not being played, if a letter is the wrong one.

Also the win and the lose animation aren't being played when it in theory should.

Can anyone please help me with this? I need to be done with this game in a week, exactly! - And I would really be sad if there weren't any animations involved and only static designs.

could you let us have a peek at the .fla file so i can see whats going on? iv made a game similar to what your describing.

If it stops when the intro animation has ended, how about a play() command. This is all very easy stuff.

I know this is very simple and basic stuff - But that is because I am really new to this. Thanks for helping by the way.

So far, all I want is an introduction to the game, however when I add a Classic Tween infront of my game (which ony shows as 1 frame) , on same layer, it plays the animation over and over again - However I added a gotoAndStop(82) command on the last frame in the Tween, and then it DID NOT skip the game, however it played through the different sequences of my game, and did not stop when the should actually start. I have tried with the stop command, both on the tween, but also on the game. Nothing seems to work.

I can try see if I can make a copy of it, for this thread. Any help is appreciated big time!

I've checked the forum - But I have no idea how to attatch the file. I can send it by Messenger or mail if needed.

its easy enough to upload it here on flashkit. just click on advanced reply then manage attachments, browse then find it on your computer and click upload..or upload it to a file hosting website like sendspace or megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2GRVQ6UY

Here is the game.

So far the problem is, I cannot get the game started. I managed to stop the animation where the game starts however now I cannot start the game, though I press the game-(go) button, where it normal supposed to start. If I add play, it just plays through the stages.

The introduction Animation is located at layer 1, frame 1-54

The game is located at layer 1, frame 55.

The Interface is located in right top corner - as text boxes.

The "fish" is the movieclip - which shows the progress in the game.

(the design so far is very simple. I do not wish to add all the designs, unless I know if I can get it working.)

And I am a noob making games, so I am sure you guys will find it quite messy and unorganized, and I am sorry for that.
    Last edited by Bering; 03-13-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Added the game,

Fantastic - I just messed around with a lot of stuff, and now the introduction is working and the game! Learning by trying is AWESOME.

Thanks for the help guys - there will probably be more problems later on, so I will come back in this thread I am sure.