A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Convert SWF to PDF or image serverside

Question Method to convert SWF to PDF or image serverside?

I've searched all over Google and this board as well, so apologies if I've missed related topics. I've found PDF generation solutions that work on the client side but that is not what I'm after..

Here's the scenario: we use Flex Charts to generate reports and want to be able to have these reports emailed out on a scheduled basis. To do that, we need the SWF to run (as if in the browser) to fetch the report data and then have its contents converted to PDF or a static image. This needs to happen server side with no interaction from a user.

Is there anything, free or paid, out there that can do this? Currently we solve this via an AIR app that can read the report file, but a static image or PDF would be much more desirable.
    Last edited by redjag; 03-10-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer

Unfortunately that is done on the client side when the app is running in a browser. If there was a way to run the SWF on the command line (FreeBSD) and invoke this that'd be great, but I don't know of such a method.

See this PDF document converter is what you are after or not, it can convert pdf to images, or pdf to other document, like tiff, word, dicom. Hope the SWF to PDF conversion methods are helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestertonpdf View Post
    See this PDF document converter is what you are after or not, it can convert pdf to images, or pdf to other document, like tiff, word, dicom. Hope the SWF to PDF conversion methods are helpful to you.
    Thank you for you suggestion. But can you give us more tutorials about SWF to PDF conversion work, please? Thanks in advance.

Hi, Lee.
    Thanks for your nice sharing. I wonder which kind of
    pdf to image converter you usually used? Any suggetsion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Pan

do you have any pdfs for me evenpan or are you the men.