A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to create showreel video?

How to create showreel video?

Hi everyone,
    My question is very simple:
    How can I create showreel video like these ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZjkmC97hc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNSmuGtY1EA

I know it is a flv played in Flash. I want to know what software do I need to create such animated flv? Is it 3ds max or maya (only guessing)?

I will appreciate if someone can post more info about the process.
    Thanks.

Anyone to share some knowledge?
    I think it will be beneficial for all of us.

Hi,
    I reviewed the VisiFly website and I doubt that it can be of much help to animate content.
    I need more information about the process of development of such showreel i.e. software to animate screenshots in 3D and combine them in engaging video?

I assume part of the content is recorded with any kind of software that captures screen actions like this one:
    http://camstudio.org/

But I need something on a professional level. I tried with Adobe website but they have so many software that it is difficult to locate what I am looking for. And frankly, I don't know what I have to look for.
    Last edited by BMX-BG; 03-18-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Hi, the DrawingArt's showreel is (as I'm pretty much sure) made with adobe after effects which is pretty popular in showreel productions, one of the many, many features is that pseudo 3d/perspective effect of a simple plain surface.
    the seccond is less complicated, could be just screencap using any of the desktop recording software and then ANY video editing tool.
    And all of that, basically, is an edited video exported to a video format, and then converted to swf, or uploaded to yt

[edit] and these animated website effects, could be made in various ways, masks, separate objects animated individually, recorded website as stated before with a recording software and then added motion, dynamics, blurs and focus with either adobe after effects or adobe premiere
    Last edited by hello6470; 03-19-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: additional note

Thanks. I will research in depth the possibilities of AfterEffects

Try sony vegas or adobe premiere to edit/create video first, then get Flash Video MX Pro to convert video to Flash (SWF) and Flash video (FLV) with Flash Player which can help you upload your these videos to popular video sharing websites, insert them to your own website , blog, or social site like My space, facebook.
    Hope it can help you.

Thanks for your posts.
    Actually I needed to know how to create those 3d effects and the process of their development. I guess AfterEffect is the answer but need some free time to deep in it.