Hi all

I'm currently working on what I'll refer to as a "race viewer." Basically, it's something that will show a replay of a horse race that has already taken place in PHP and is stored in a database elsewhere. What I would like to be able to do is run a loop that will move the horses according to their time or predetermined x position on the stage. I had initially planned to do this by using some variables similar to this, which I have working in PHP:

timedist[1][400]=27.1;

Essentially, the 1 represents the number of the horse (which will vary from 6 to 12, depending on the race) and the 400 represents the distance segment in the race. I have everything divided up into 400m segments and most races are between 1,609 and 3,200m in length. So, a single horse would be similar to this:

timedist[1][400]=27.1;
timedist[1][800]=58;
timedist[1][1200]=94;

etc..

I have since found that multidimensional arrays aren't supported by Flash and I'm truly stumped as to how I can do this. I really need to be able to find the time based upon the horse number and the distance and I'd like to be able to do this without having to make individual variables for each horse, for each distance and then have to have an incredibly huge, not even a loop but something to display the horses accordingly.

Sorry if this is confusing but I am confusing myself even more with frustration lol

Thanks in advance for any help!!