A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe Photoshop Content Aware

Adobe Photoshop Content Aware

Yowza!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI

Now, at first i thought...AWESOME! that's a great time saver!...

Then i started to get mad. I pride myself in knowing how to fix major problems like these and the average PS user is just going to take for granted how much skill this actually would take....and by going the long way, it takes so much more knowledge of shading and light sources...

Are we taking away the skill it takes to be a great digital designer/artist?

stop being a *****, this is awesome and is going to resurrect the arena
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Get used to it man. Photoshop 40 is just going to bluetooth in to a brain implant and your clients wont need you at all.

**** that last pano....WTF?!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    This feature looks awesome and could really be a great timesaver. I don't think that it takes away the skill necessary to be a great designer either. I'm sure that like it's not always perfect so understanding how to do manual corrections is still good for cleaning things up. It will also allow designers to spend more time stretching their skills and doing other things that may not have been possible before.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    April's fool?

as far as I know, I'm the first one to call shenanigans on that one @00:10 a.m. 26th March 2010 GMT+4

I just don't see our current processing powers able to come up with the missing data and from the first try and with such little tweaking -none to be exact- and to get such results.

Yeah but that is just a small youtube video where we can't see the finer details. I bet there is all sorts of tweaking to be made around the edges to make it look finished. It seems to just be a more advanced patch tool and I think that is an incredible tool already and that's been around for years.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by el-Ignoramus View Post
    April's fool?

as far as I know, I'm the first one to call shenanigans on that one @00:10 a.m. 26th March 2010 GMT+4

I just don't see our current processing powers able to come up with the missing data and from the first try and with such little tweaking -none to be exact- and to get such results.
    According to Adobe's Facebook page (which i found on adobe.com), has the Content Aware video posted by them on their own wall promoting the feature....but it looks like we'll have to wait until April 12th for full details.

It ain't an April Fool's trick. I can easily verify that.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Interesting little article about GIMP

http://linuxers.org/article/adobes-c...rs#comment-574