A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Let's have some fun and spend some money

Let's have some fun and spend some money

So this is still quite a ways away but I can dream while I wait. Some of you may have heard reading the CL a while ago that where I have been working the last 6 years is expanding very rapidly as of late and sometime this summer we will be moving warehouses. With this move I am going to have what used to be a car paint room and have freedom to do what I want and make it into a studio. So I instantly started to drool.

Also with this move I may be "leaving" my job and be hired on a freelance basis so I can bill as a 3rd party and charge by each shoot. It sounds weird but with the amount that needs to be done I will be out on location probably daily until I plan on leaving anyways and can charge more an hour then they want to pay me as "staff"(idk their idea haha). We are now in the process of doing our website from the ground up and with that want to reshoot ALL of our product photos(we have something like 20k+ products including color and size variations) So we want the main product page to have a really nice out on location shoot with a model and then within have a mannequin shot of each style. So the on location stuff will be great and then the different styles are easy to popped off in studio. Just set it up once and click, change shirt, click, change shirt, etc...

So here comes the good part. Right now we only have a Novatron m300(300 watts) and 2 Impact(b&h brand) VSD150(150 watt each). and I shoot with a Canon G9(I know...) SO I get to reshop the entire thing. So I am thinking a nice alienbee kit with a bunch of modifiers. Probably only get away with 1 vagabond power pack but that should work fine with a power strip. Then depending on the market prices I am hoping to either pick up a xxD series with a 17-55 f/2.8 IS or a set of 2-3 cheap primes OR a 5D classic with primes.

</rant>

I'm just excited to spend someone else's money on camera equipment I get to play with whenever I want.

If you had this chance what would you all buy as a full starter kit? Dream away....
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 03-25-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna