A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any of you buy an Apple iPad?

i didnt personally buy one, but after having some hands on for a couple of days, i can honestly say that while its nice if you want to bring a computer with your to starbucks, i really dont see a use for it for me personally at this time. its just to impractical to hold up and type with one hand.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I am evaluating one for my company / department, so I didn't buy it. Sales people seem to want to use it. I took it on a trip recently instead of my laptop and did like how easy it is to carry and use. I was still able to access my work (and private) email accounts. That said, there are some limitations that reminded me that this is NOT a computer. I'd say it is pretty good as an in between tool.

actually, if you buy the case, it has a bit of a stand configuration that allows you to work on it at an angle.

Never!

Dude it's only been forever.

Post in this thread -
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=810021

Ya know the one at the top.

When I am at home I have a computer. Why do I need an iPad at home?. When I go to work, I have a computer at work. I have no time to play around with iPads. When I go back home.... well see above. These toys are just for companies making a lot of money and for users loosing money.

Apart from that I wouldn't support a company any more whose CEO is writing this garbage:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
    Last edited by cancerinform; 05-30-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

cloud browse

has anyone tried using cloud browse to view flash videos via iPhone or iPad?

Yep, I love the app but its very difficult to manipulate. Sadly, hulu streams don't seem to play.

Personally I can't wait to buy a whole rucksack's worth of over-priced plastic peripherals just to do everyday tasks (like use usb).

Also really looking forward to a whole new raft of self-assured, plinky-plonk adverts telling me about amazing new features already available on a million other devices.

And so it came to be, on the fourth day apple did invent the ipad...

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    We're currently working on a site for a client who LOVES his iPad, so, we have to create everything to be supported on it, which is a pia and has added LOTS of extra development time between getting the size right, getting his animations & videos to work using jQuery & h.264 vs. flash. Plus, we don't have one to test on, so we try using iPadPeek on Safari which works fairly well, but it doesn't display some things that his iPad does display, so we have to keep bugging him to test things...uggg...

So, no, I won't be getting one...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.