A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Circular Logo Chasing Shine/Glare Effect

Circular Logo Chasing Shine/Glare Effect

Hey, how are you doing! I need help...I'm trying to create a chasing reflection and a circular logo in flash, after effects or whatever!!! Do you know how to do this? It's more like if you had a chrome circular ring in your palm and as the sun hits it, the glare/shine would run around the edges of the logo, does this make any sense? Do you know how to create that effect or any direction you can point me to that can help? Thank You - Do you think you can help me figure this out?
    Edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you

in flash I think it would be done with a a base image/logo..
    that a mask..that has a small gradient line/blur running/moving over the logo.. (which would only be visible under the masked parts)

That sounds like exactly what i need to make my logo animated with the flash chasing reflection...but how do i do it? ")

My boss, who is also my brother, bought CS3 Web Design and told me to figure it out!!! I don't have much experience with it, but I've been messing with it for a few weeks now and have a good sense of the tools, etc. It's going on our website for the department.
    PS) Nice Guy, Huh!!! "Here...Figure This Out and I Want Our Logo To Be Animated!!!" The Actual Quote From My Boss After He threw It On My Desk!!! ")

Yes I Do...Do You Wanna Take A Look At It...But When He Sent It, For Whatever Reason I Recieved It A Little Chopped UP.

well I'll make a simple example from it..you can re-create it if you like..

Im assuming you want something like the effect on these buttons in the mainNav?

(rollover the buttons at bottom once you load a part)

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/

Yeah That's A Cool Effect, BUt Will It Chase Around The Ring/Logo? What's Your Email Address So I Can Send It?