A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Carlsberg workers strike over drinking policy...

Carlsberg workers strike over drinking policy...

Do you drink on the job? Carlsberg workers do...
    Scores of Carlsberg workers walked off their jobs in protest Thursday after the Danish brewer tightened laid-back rules on workplace drinking and removed beer coolers from work sites, a company spokesman said.

The warehouse and production workers in Denmark are rebelling against the company's new alcohol policy, which allows them to drink beer only during lunch hours in the canteen. Previously, they could help themselves to beer throughout the day, from coolers placed around the work sites.

The only restriction was "that you could not be drunk at work. It was up to each and everyone to be responsible," company spokesman Jens Bekke said.

Carlsberg had mulled a stricter drinking policy for years and finally decided to impose the new rules on April 1, prompting protests from the staff.

Bekke said around 800 workers went on strike Wednesday and around 250 walked off their jobs Thursday, resulting in interruptions to beer transports in and around Copenhagen.

"Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

My ex brother in law worked at Stroh's back in the 70's. And they had a "If your thirsty drinK" policy. They had taps next to the water coolers. And they had a very low rate of accidents compared to the non alcholic beverage producers in the city.

Dude. Stroh's. I feel SOOO retro!

*cracks open a Löwenbräu*
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Danish men rebelling and striking? Really?? It hasn't happened since... has it happened ever???