A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we file a class action against Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    The doctors office I visit they all have their own little netbooks. They just stroll on in with a cart with all the stuff they need with the laptop on top and it's linked to everything they need. They take down notes and get all older records on it. I thought it was pretty advanced for a "small" town family doctors office. I would imagine that bigger hospitals are way out their with software/hardware as well.
    exactly, now replace the netbook with the ipad. Its a very plausible theory, however 12 months imho is too short of a timeframe.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Yeah but the iPad hardware has only not been released yet(to the public). Who knows how long some companies have had the development software(even the hardware) on hand for testing purposes.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Yeah but the iPad hardware has only not been released yet(to the public). Who knows how long some companies have had the development software(even the hardware) on hand for testing purposes.
    Now you're getting it. Large firms have had them for quite some time. Yes...they have.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

With a slate or one of the lighter grade toughbook they could do that sans the cart. although they would need screenspace for the keyboard. Which is why my sister uses a toughbook for outpatient work.

With any tablet they could have it all three ways (like the toughbook C1 fujitsu lightbook) If they wanted something heavier and more powerful (which most wouldn't need) a Toshiba Portege M780
    And you get a build in mic as well as camera. a few things that Ipad left out.

A backdoor deal with Apple for customized iPads is still going to come with strings attached. Apple has proven that. License agreements + lots of lawyers vs. open hardware? No deal brother.

mmm-kay. LIke I said, this one gets filed in the agree to disagree bucket. We'll resurrect in a year.

You're clearly eluding to something you're not at liberty to say so I'm not going to pry but my technical predictions are un-tarnished so we'll see indeed.

All I can attest to is that there have been machines available to develop and test with for a while now...as far as me alluding to some sort of development work behind the scenes that I am privy to, that is not the case. All I am attesting to is the buzz about this thing from the corporate world. Like I said, it's been a while since I've seen/heard so much general hype (not tech-geek/gizmodo/pick your geek site here hype) about technological possibilities based on a piece of hardware.

As far as the private distribution network and my knowledge of it...no. There is none to my knowledge. Wannabe said it right though. When IBM/Salesforce/Accenture/Fortune 500 player/whoever comes in the front door and says 'we want 10,000 units with our app pre-installed...no iStore nonsense' ...it will happen. Period.

I think we shoud give this all a rest. HR is the investor/market type. He may know the marketing and market interest better then I.

The ipad is either the next blackberry or the next newton.

To be honest, I have to agree with HR and I don't mind stating that I'm clearly not seeing the market potential yet.

Hospitals and enterprise; I do see the potential there. But it'll be a shift away from the tools that people now use - Java and .NET - to Objective C/XCode. So far, that's the problem I'm seeing. It's a kick in the nuts to learn Obj C.

Once I'm able to get out of my dev view of the platform, maybe it'll open up to me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

How easy is it to "type" on?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

I'll just say that the non-technical hype sources have a rude awakening if they think they are going to get a sweetheart contract.
    4-15-2011 added to my calendar.

Apparently as there is no difference between iphone and ipad os's there are already medical apps available.
    http://www.imedicalapps.com/2010/03/...ps-clinicians/

However I doubt they will funfill the record keeping and data transfer support toughbooks already offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I just can't say what that something is. Some will say Flash. Some will say video. Some will say the ability to install outside of the iTunes Music Store eco-system. To me; I'm not sure what it will be that's missing - for me, it's something entirely different.
    The iMac targeted fun users. The iPod targeted the Portable Music Players. The iPhone targeted the smartphone market. The Air targeted the ultra-portable notebooks. The iPad.. it missed its target a few years ago, and going about by setting one that's a few years ahead.

And the thing is the Ipad is not ahead of it's time.

As Gerbick states "But it'll be a shift away from the tools that people now use "
    the small cheesy apps are one thing. the larger apps that are ingrained into the enterprise psyche is quite another.

EDS and MS walk hand in hand If your talking enterprise solutions your talking eds
    http://h10134.www1.hp.com/news/features/5855/
    http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies...StudyID=201014

It is not something that will be coming to an ipad or iphone soon. If anything HP who now own eds will put enterprise apps on business editions of slate or touchsmart.
    It's an easy win win for those who require enterprise solutions and hp.

This would be a hilarious turn of events. http://pluggio.com/blog/?p=244

GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

That picture actually made me laugh out loud at work for some reason...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

That's damn funny.

HAHAHA! That one got me. HAHAHA!

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]