A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Whats best way of a going from flash to a dvd(for a dvd player not as data)

Question Whats best way of a going from flash to a dvd(for a dvd player not as data)

hey i was hoping for some advice
    A job came up recently where i needed to output an animation i'd created in flash to a DVD for playing on a TV through a DVD player. I exported as a.mov the quality was bang on then i used to toast to create the dvd and the quality went way down but fuzzy not pixalated. This is something I'll be needing to do again whats the best way of a going from flash to a dvd(for a dvd player not as data).
    Any ideas?

Hi,

I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum as the coffee loung is for non-technical stuff..

You've left to many details out. such as what was the original dimensions and frame rate of the project. I am surprised you would have converted to .mov when mp4 is the defacto standard for hi-def these days.

Question There doesn't seem to be an option for mp4 in the publish or export of flash?

I'm hoping to find out what programs and formates i should use to get from flash to a good quality DVD in general i did forget to mention that toast was the program i used to burn it to disk apologies so the specific dimensions and frames rate of this project aren't relevant its for future projects that i need to advice. There doesn't seem to be an option for mp4 in the publish or export of flash?.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Specific dimensions and framerates are relevant for both what went wrong with this project and what will go wrong with future projects.

Standard def signals look like crap on high def TVs because the conversion is asymmetrical.
    480→720→1080
    A 1:1 conversion from flash to DVD format will yield much better results than a .637:1 conversion.

What resolution is the final product going to be viewed at?
    Matching that resolution will give the best results.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick