A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Motion tween - flickery bars

Question Motion tween - flickery bars

Iv seen a few similar posts about this topic but have yet to find one the same or a solution that works. I have 7 images which move across the canvas after each other using a series of motion tweens. The tweens work fine and there are deffinutly no missing frames. the frame rate is set to 32 but the problem occurs no matter what the frame rate is set to.

When exporting the flash movie the images move correctly however weird flickery bars of the image sem to load in a downwards fashion across the flash object.

Ant ideas on why this happens and how to solve it?

I have attached the relevant SWF containing only 4 of the 7 images in order to keep file size in the limit, but the effect is the same.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello, Mike. Is it absolutely necessary to use tweening? It is possible to achieve the same results using ActionScript. Incase you've never used it before I'll give you a quick example of what to do. Make sure your pictures are flat ( break apart ) and convert them all into individual ( or space them out and convert them as a whole ) movieclip(s.)

Then, make sure the clip is selected and at the bottom (just above the 'properties' bar there is 'actions' with a small black arrow. Click actions and paste this into the box ( or each individual movie clip box ) :

Actionscript Code:
    onClipEvent(enterFrame) {
    speed = 1;
    this._x -= speed;
    }

This will move your pictures across the screen without the need for tweening. you may change the speed value to whatever you wish ( '1' is very slow. )

Hope this helps
    and let me know if it changes the stuttering lines.

Sorry, Mike. I've just tested this myself and the flickering occurs even with ActionScript, I'm afraid. Now it has me bothered! I'll have to mess around and see if I can get a result without the flickering. If I find a solution I'll get back to you.

(update------)

I find that setting the frame rate to 100 and the speed to 1 or 2 in the ActionScript has yielded the best results so far.
    Last edited by Themisto; 06-05-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Is there any video on the stage? Are you using transparent bitmaps?