A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: gallery website

Question gallery website

So I have been researching trying to find the best way to make an online portfolio and info type site for my work.

I have started creating the framework in flash cs4, created a homepage and buttons that take you inside a movieClip where I want the gallery held (4 different categories of art each with their own button and movieClip)

Now when I tried importing my images straight into it, as you can imagine the file became HUGE, even after much compression.

I have found that you can use image loaders to load your images externally. How exactly is this done? Can I keep the flash look that I have already created and still use these gallery image loader things?

I really appreciate anyone taking time to help me out with this

Mahalo!

Maybe you can consider using some ready made flash gallery components for this purpose. With these flash galleries, images path are stored in a XML file, and loaded into an image viewer while people viewing it. This can save you lots of time if your main purpose is to show your images, rather than build an image viewer.

Thanks for your advice. I just tried doing that and seemed to successfully create a flash gallery that gave me an XML file, but now my problem is inserting it into my flash project. What is the best way to do this?

thanks