A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How much should I charge for this?

How much should I charge for this?

I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Here is the job I did. There are two parts.

Giant full screen flash interface that hooks to a website, reads XML and shows directories and services. It is at a kiosk in a commercial building on a giant touch screen. There is a very easy to use search function. Idle kick back to start. Refreshes the XML after an hour. Changes backgrounds with the season and time of day.

90 second animated video as in hand animated. Not exactly cartoon, but still drawn. The video is in Flash and explains how to use the system, even though quite honestly, it was not needed.

I am at a loss as to what to charge.

at least $800 in my opinion. but this your job see, its up to you to come up with your own pricing for what each thing you do will come to.

i have my own pricing structure to make things fair on people. i suggest you come up with something similar.

My manager ended up swooping in and saving me at the last possible second. I had a high number in my mind. Like a dream number that you'd think "yeah right, never gonna get that." So I was gonna cut it in half and ask for that. My manager ended up doubling the number it and getting it. I guess that's why he's the manager and I'm not.

$25 per second for the 90 second video and the first part's amount I will keep that to myself. I personally thought it was expensive, but they thought it was cheap compared to the prices they heard... weird world of design.

holy crap. you better be making the most amazing video ever!

i'd be thinking $25 an hour. so every hour you spend working on the video you charge that.