A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sphere with texture und rotate

sphere with texture und rotate

Another Question:
    Since now I didn't found a option to set a texture to a sphere,also I didn't found a 3d-sphere,only a animated clipart.Do I have to import it as a cadmodel?I don't work with cad,so I only could export a model from Gamestudio to 3ds.
    And the next: I need the rotation of the sphere from down to up,is that possible?

Super Moderator
    Use File > Import - 3D Model. Supply the 3D file and the texture file. You can set the rotation in the properties window for the object.

Another option is to:
    1.) Go to where you installed KoolMoves and into the examples to find something you can use.
    C:\Program Files\KoolMoves\Examples\Necro3D\Terra3D
    (for the standard KoolMoves install),
    2.) Copy Terra3D.fun and the images folder and paste them to a folder where you want to do your work,
    3.) Modify the texture map in the images folder,
    4.) Modify the AS3 code in Terre3D.fun till it does exactly what you want.

Thank's a lot again! I will try both tips,but I have to look, how I can convert my model into a format for coolmoves.

Super Moderator
    Koolmoves will accept 3ds, as3, obj, md2 files as a 3D model import

Oh,cool! I always looked at vector grafic!

I tried it now for a long time without success.I'm not able to place the terra3d to the position I want.
    So I tried it with a downloaded 3ds-sphere.That looks better,but the problem now,the center of this models are not 0,0,0.When I set the Center of the sphere using MED or Milkshape, koolmoves show me a abstract building,so I think,that my created 3ds files are not working with it.It would be nice if somebody send me a working 3ds-sphere with center 0,0,0 to voyeger1@gmx.de.
    What I want to do:On my website I want to add a rotating planet (rotating from up to down).The planet should shown as a half-sphere to the whole websitewith.Is that possible with Koolmoves?

Super Moderator
    There are working examples in program files / koolmoves / examples / necro3d

Are you using the Terra3D.fun example that comes with KoolMoves 7.4.3? It has a positioning issue that sounds similar to your problem.
    The Adobe flash player used internally by KoolMoves has a bug that effects the positioning of Necro 3D models. This bug does not occur in the browser flash player pug-ins.
    One solution is to put the Necro 3D code on frame 2. That fix is in the Terra3D.fun example that comes with KoolMoves 7.4.4

Ok,lot's of thanks for your replay! I downloaded the new version ( I'm astonished,that a new version already exits since I buyed this program),the Necro-planet is now in the center,but I don't understand,why.I can't see any line in the script to fix the position of the planet ( is it only build by script?),but I have no knowledge about action script.Also I don't see the shape.For now I become angry with this software and this bad documentation,not about your friendly and quick responses!

KoolMoves is made by a small company with finite resources. So only so much can get done at a time.
    Many people interested in the product use this forum, their own web sites and tutorials to help fill in the gaps. Join in on that effort if you want to. You can see some of what is going on at:
    http://www.koolmoves.com/support.html

YEAHHH! I got it! My problem in the actionscript was,that the camera was fixed to the planet.After removing this line I can now change the script for what I want to do.I don't nothing about action script,but I think I can do it.

Great!

Yes I'm glad about the succes.But there is already one problem.With internet explorer my planet is shown fine in the center,but with firefox not,it's to much on the right side.Can I do something against it? You can see it at www.projekt-3d.de

Super Moderator
    Try putting the action script in a second frame, not the first frame.

It is in the second frame!

Super Moderator
    I will email Remus to get him to look at the web site link. He may have some thoughts. I suggest you post a zip containing the fun file and model files.

Ok,thank you! Here the Link to the files: http://www.projekt-3d.de/Downloads-Temp/Planet.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzet3 View Post
    Yes I'm glad about the succes.But there is already one problem.With internet explorer my planet is shown fine in the center,but with firefox not,it's to much on the right side.Can I do something against it? You can see it at www.projekt-3d.de
    The planet is centered here on both browsers (MSIE and Firefox 3.x).
    How can I help you?
    Try to reinstall the flash plugin on Firefox.
    Internet Explorer and Firefox do NOT share the same flash plugin.

I reinstalled the plugin,but it's the same.Hope that's only on my system so.