A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AS3/DISC Physics engines?

AS3/DISC Physics engines?

Hello, I wondering what the current opinions are on the various physics engines in as3.

I've searched the forums and the most recent desc I have seen on it was over a year ago.

Also, google showed many options but the only comparison was over 3 years ago. http://henryjones.us/articles/action...hysics-engines

Thanks for the input!

It looks like the winner is Box2D. It's cross-platform too.
    I quite liked APE but, sadly, it's been abandoned and won't work with FP10 without a bit of tweaking.

Box2D is the overall winner in terms of speed and flexibility, and with the recent 2.1a release it improved quite a bit( and lost backward compatibility). As for runner up, I guess there will be jiglib which is good if you are going to do 3d stuff.
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

My best advice is steer clear of foam. I'm the author and I wrote it when I didn't know much about physics. lol.

i've used both box2d and APE...box2d is definitely the winner in my book--more of a learning curve but quite powerful and yea, 2.1 of box2d --though not backwards compatible--is awesome