A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: thefstopshere.ca

Talking thefstopshere.ca

I made this a few months ago, still a work in progress.

thefstopshere.ca

What do you think, Anything that needs fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Werl View Post
    I made this a few months ago, still a work in progress.

thefstopshere.ca

What do you think, Anything that needs fixing?

Nothing loaded fr me...

I fixed it. My redirect was broken for some reason.

Very basic. Looks like it took you 5 mins to do that website.

Thanks for the thought. that kind of hurt. I'm new to flash (started only last year) and it took me many months (mostly just doing the info on it) I know little to no actionscript, so this is great for what I do know.

By my guess, you have been doing flash for many years.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings

In real life if people are not impress with your product then they will look somewhere else so you need to impress them from the very beginning.

If you are new to website design, there are free professional templates out there that you can modify to suite your needs. I suggest wordpress.org You don't need to be a professional web developer to modify these templates.

I have been doing flash for some years but not anywhere near to being a professional flash designer. My website: http://snooples.com have no flash content what so ever. So I stick to what I am good at PHP, CSS, HTML, javascript.

You should do the same but you are also welcome to do as you please.

hope this helps

Thanks. I actually know no javascript, PHP or CSS. I do know a little HTML. It's simply a hobby. Makes me feel good that I'm good (reletively) at something. that and it's a lot of fun. I recently added a clock that I got from a tutorial site. You were just speaking your mind. This is much better than my first two sites (one for my family and one for a school project).
    Your favourite Dyslexic, Werl.

Wink

I am sorry if I was a little harsh but there's a difference between creating a website for fun and starting a business with it. I didn't know you were doing it for fun. My bad...

I was looking through my old files a few weeks ago and found my very 1st website I created, which I was very proud of at the time. Now, there is No way anyone would use that website as their template.

You should be proud of your accomplishment. You shouldn't let me or anyone else tell you other wise. So if you stick at it, who knows, Lynda.com might come to you ask you to create a video tutorial for flash.

It was done for a purpose. It's for my towns camera club. Mostly for purpos of informing and updates.

FK Rocks..!
    Buddy, this is extra simple. May be you download some free flash templates and edit them to make them look a bit professional.
    Waqas A.M. Siddiqui (Vicky)
    Graphics Designer

Hi, yes I did it all on my own. Yes I did take some of the scripting from the Internet. Eg the clock is from a tutorial, as well as the pass word to get to the uploader (also the HTML uploader). I have and won't ever use a template (I might use it as a reference). Another interesting fact is that the logo is actually an image (my version of flash doesn't have the font to do the 'f') is Photoshop made myself as well. I had it with each page was external and loaded into the site, but the lag bothered me.

Wordpress Developer
    Your feelings aside the look is off putting and thats the kind of response you need to learn to take if your want to create multimedia or graphic layouts. Do you want people to use your site or look at it once and leave?

So yeah it doesn't look very good at all but its functional and its a start. Not many people get a finished right from the start, so if you want it to look better base style off of a site you like. I'm not advocating stealing but you can learn a lot if you analyze established designers work.

When I wanted to learn Illustrator I would go on template monster daily, pick a layout and create it from scratch. Before I knew it I was well versed in Illustrator and picked up a lot of design theory.

Drop the pity party and get to practicing