A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Thinking of our troops

Thinking of our troops

I know its memorial day. I am personally thinking about the US troops and my Canadian troops along with the stresses they go through today. I also reflect on all troops from every country. I pray sometimes that troops are not needed, but unfortunately these are the times that we live in.

My grandfather landed on Normandy as a paratrooper. My great uncle landed on the beaches of Normandy in the first wave of attacks.

My dad is a retired spy pilot from the cold war. My brother is a fighter pilot training to be a squadron leader.

Hoestly the best thing we can do for our troops is to bring them home.
    We still have troops in Iraq only they aren't allowed to fight in cities. We have no exit strategy. All the fighting we have done in Afganistan has amounted to zero. And because technically we are not at war with Pakistan we are taking a cowards approach by sending in drones. The bad guys are still on the loose and there appears to be no clear effort to catch them.

Personally I'm tired of the boogie man charade. At this stage of the game either the military leaders are grossly incompetent or are more concerned with lining the pockets of the military industrial complex In either regard no one including Obama should be taking any advice from them.

You clearly haven't met any of our top brass. I've spoken to quite a few and they've been the most humbling hard-working dedicated men I've had the privilege to be in the same room with. You simply well up with pride after a few minutes. These guys are not the problem. As always its the political virus that has infected the process much the way insurance has infected health care. Our troops would love to be unleashed.

That said, our overseas presence is largely baseless and I too feel that they should all be brought home until there is actually a foreign threat. I can't believe the war drums still drown out the fact that the people we're fighting couldn't possibly mount an overseas attack. At least they could call it what it is; a belligerent occupation and annexation. They are indigenous, WE are insurgents.