A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to make the mouse cursor start at a specific coordinate upon enterig a scene?

Question How to make the mouse cursor start at a specific coordinate upon enterig a scene?

I'm sorry if this is a repeat/in the wrong section. I'm new here

I'm trying to make a game of sorts. I have a button that you need to click that is in the center of the screen. Upon clicking it, it goes to the next scene.

What I need here is for the mouse cursor to start in the upper right-hand corner of the stage of the second scene whenever said button is clicked. Not just a movieclip of a cursor, but the actual mouse itself, since it needs to be able to click a button on the other side.

Below I've included an example of what needs to be done (not my actual game, but it shows the problem that I'm having. IT IS AN MX2004 FLA FILE.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/mouse_position1.fla

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

var x:Number = 1; x /= 0;
    There is no way to move the mouse cursor using flash.
    Z¡µµ¥ D££

Soup In A Box

Yep, ZippyDee is right. The only way you could do this is to fake it using an image of a mouse - there is no way to move the actual mouse cursor using flash.
    Just starting out on the long road that is AS3 - and already want to turn back!!!
    FrApple - get a free iPad

This was a problem, even for me!