A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants Stanley?

Who wants Stanley?

Nashville in the quarter finals!?!!
    What is amazing is how they put the blackhawks to shame.

Detroit had too good a regular season. Usually when they barely crawl into the playoffs is when they take stanley home. Otherwise the are too beat up to last thru the playoffs.

Also Regarding my "Canada" comments during the Olympics. Notice Ottawa is the only Canadian team to make it to the quarterfinals.

'Nucks. Book it, done.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

All this stuff seems so far off.

What I'd like to see is Boston V San Jose
    What I expect to see is Washington V Chicago

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/playoffrace/bracket

And The Wings take out the Coyote's
    I'm actually starting to get my hopes up for them.

As long as Chicago and San Jose meet in the conference finals, all is well.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

If you can't appreciate the flyers for the drive they made to this point, then you aren't a hockey fan.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Montreal is falling apart in that series. Hot goaltending only takes you as far as it lasts. Seems like the mojo is gone for Les Habitants. Chicago is looking awfully impressive, though. The Flyers run against the Bruins was epic.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yeah the Canadians seem to have lost steam some how, it concerns me because they're looking like the Flyers early in the series w/ Boston. I hope there's no miracle comeback for them haha. Pete Lav has been doing some impressive coaching too, there's been a few moments where it looks like he's horse whispering.

There's no doubt that it won't be an easy cup, it's up hill the whole way if the Flyers make it, but I think they wouldn't be in it still if they didn't know that already.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

If the Flyers take home Stanley. Leighton deserves a movie deal. Right now I'm leaning with the BlackHawks.

Stanley is not about the hunger. It's about confidence and dedication. If your a point behind and start acting desparate you're liable to make more mistakes.

I haven't seen the Flyers do that? I mean three games behind in the series and they came in and did what they needed to do. It's hard to call it luck with consistency of the past few games. I don't have my hopes up yet but I think they made it clear that it's more than just hunger.

They came back hungry which is fine for semi-finals.
    The finals are a different matter.
    Granted I don't look at the stats but, It is a very small exception in the finals to turn a 3 game loss into a win. An exception not the rule.

Well I can tell you the last few games defense has been solid, they haven't just been leaning on Leighton. When the flyers came back 3-0 it was apparently the third time it ever happened in hockey playoffs, ever.

Either way I haven't been this excited watching hockey since god knows when, 5 years at least.

I'm happy for Leighton and I like a johnny come lately story. He was playing in the shadows and now he gets his chance to shine. I'm just saying if they play the finals with a hungry for the win mentality they will lose. If they come in strong and confident they have a chance. Stanley is not about luck, chance or hail mary's The team that controls the puck controls the game.

Still I will grant you it's been a great playoff season. and if anyone deserves a cinderella story it's the Flyers.

This is like watching two different teams play, like a terrible Lindsey-Lohan-swapping-bodies sort of thing. I'm guessing home ice and a little bit of pressure got Canada back up to snuff, and Flyers started first period like they always do, way too cautious.

I'm not screaming at the TV yet, but I'm close.

Starting cautious aint a bad thing. Most of the Wing games I watched (when they won the stanley) They two would come in smart first. There is no sense in punching yourself out in the first period and not being able to finish the game.

Dude, I can't believe that was Montreal. It's like they got the chuck 4.0 interesect.

Lets see which teams shows up this game. With Carter and Laperriere it'll be an interesting mix

Flyers Vs Blackhawks.

My money is on Chicago.

Of course I have to root for the home team, if only because I've been waiting for this moment since a wee lad, but let's just say I'm not betting money.

No shame in that. The Flyers are actually going in stronger then the Blackhawks. If they can take the first two games they will take Stanley.