A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's hungry?

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

Who's hungry?

Having a terrible cold, so staying home, making chicken soup, and of course once the paracetamol and the cold medicine kicks in, it's the best time for a photo shoot...

Chicken Soup

And for dessert Profiteroles

C&C as usual are welcomed

Nikonist
    I wish I had a cold too and get some of this delicious meals *sigh

Very good presentation, to skew the soup makes a nice effect, allows me to look into the bowl
    For the dessert I recommend to stretch the focal point on to the second arrangement of vanilla icecream, pistachio crumbles, chocolate and caramel sauce!
    If the green looking sauce is caramel I would have added some yellow/brown food coloring to make it look really golden instead of the washed out green look it has now...would make it look more delicious
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Thanks Frexus

Appreciate the C&C

I took several DOF pics of the Profiteroles, and this was the one that stood out the most, under the lights the cream filing started to melt and looked very yuckie from the other side, you can's see it much because of the levels manipulation but it was there and kinda messing up the effect, as for the Caramel, I didn't make it properly, didn't sift the confectionery sugar so ended up with lumps which burns in a different way and stains the sauce, that's why I poured it over the chocolate which gave it this green hue, but I'm definitely not done with this shoot, I'll remake the dessert one more time, and try to m,aster the sauces and temperature of the area o get he best looking results

these pictures plus a couple more are all being collaged in one large frame that I entitled the Menu, might actually sell it, but will keep it limited edition, like 50 copies only

will share the final collage soon

here's the main course photo

Salmon & Lobster

C&C welcomed as well as hungry people

Nikonist
    Molto perfetto! Wunderbar! Yummmie!!!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

LOL, I'm coming to Frankfurt this week, maybe I can open my own restaurant/studio over there

Nikonist
    ...I know a decent area 350 miles up to the north...that's where you get fresh lobster and nice people...and a studio which still needs a bit of work (starting tomorrow to finalize it...could need some talented hands )

www.ajs-design.de

350 miles only, that's like a walking distance -said the descendant of the Pharaohs -

Nikonist
    I was just about suggesting to hire a car or buy a train ticket

www.ajs-design.de

I missed breakfast today and then I see this! Arrgg!

Great pictures as usual.

Well - if we're talking food, may as well post my dinner this evening - my version of surf & turf - rump steak (just under medium rare) with grilled squid and a frisee, lambs lettuce and radicchio salad:

Well now I feel left out. Here's a stir fry I made last night that I just happen to take some snaps of with my phone. Nothing fancy just some london broil steak cut up and marinated and then an assortment of veggies mixed in over white rice. Was good leftovers for lunch today too

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I always find it interesting to hear the differences in the names of cuts and preparations between UK meats/cooking and US terms.

Oddly enough "London Broil" is pretty much unheard of in the UK although some chefs (most notably Heston Blumenthal) really encourage the idea of cutting meat against the grain.

Despite the reputation of the US for fast food and prevalent obesity, I actually found the food in the delis I visited in New York to offer an amazing array of fresh, good quality ingredients. Fairway in New York is somewhere I always go when I go to NY. Maybe it's different when you get out into the small towns.

I've also heard good things about your lobsters (Maine) and other sea food - I'm thinking about that lobster of yours el-ignoramus - what a treat!

That said - US cheese - WTF? As far as I can tell, it's all bad. Please correct me - I'd like to think a country with the rich abundance of raw ingredients such as the US could get at least 1 cheese right - something to stand up to Stilton, Roquefort, Brie and a good, mature cheddar.

God I love cheese.

You obviously haven't been to VT. The cheese is amazing here. Funny you say that too because I thought the cheese when I was in London was subpar. Not all of it though because the stuff I got when at borough market and other open air markets had amazing cheese. Just the plain packaged in the store stuff was bleh.
    http://www.cabotcheese.coop/
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-22-2010 at 09:18 AM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Actually - Vermont was the one place I heard good things about - I think Stephen Fry commented on how bad US cheese was other than some stuff he tried in Vermont.

Like most places, buying the standard packaged stuff from supermarkets isn't going to be great but most areas of UK have their own cheeses and, if you visit the producers and buy good quality stuff, uk cheese has as much to offer as French cheese.

I'll have to visit VT next I'm over then!

Nikonist
    we seem to get a bit off topic which allows me to say that I love Italian Pecorino cheese with fresh tomatoes and salt, some self made yeast bread a few drops of best olive oil...I could live on it!

www.ajs-design.de

I LOVE garlic infused olive oil with some fresh bread and tomato and basil on top....YUM

Nikonist
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    I LOVE garlic infused olive oil with some fresh bread and tomato and basil on top....YUM
    sounds close to Italian Bruschetta...roast the bread (olive oil) in a pan and use fresh (chopped) garlic, crumbs of sea salt on top...there ya go!

www.ajs-design.de

DIE HIJAKCKERS....DIE

I'm in Frankfurt now and there's this LOVELY Italian pizzeria next to my hotel, the owner knows us and gives us special treatment -Ahem*Discounts and Vinno*- so I'll see you dreamers in two hours or so, stuffed with Italian pizza

Hope that pizza is thin and crispy - the only way to have them.