A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for assistant programmer

AS2 User CS4

Cow Icon Looking for assistant programmer

I am very confused on a couple parts of my platform engine and no matter how many times I try it always fails or I get something im not looking for. My engine (for its version) is about 80% done. I am looking for a programmer who meets the criteria:
    *has either flash cs3, flash cs4 (the one I have), or flash cs5 (must save as cs4)
    *has played games like metroid and super mario and sonic the hedgehog
    *is pretty darn good at actionscript 2.0
    *does not autoformat (bonus)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If you are interested in helping me, send me a PM, and ill send you the .fla to add a few things to. Thanks

-Fett

p.s. even the smallest amount of help is greatful and I do not do anything flash related on sundays (just in case)

Moved from Actionscript to Flash Freelance

gparis

AS2 User CS4
    ok

dude your pretty much new to flash arent you ? and your trying to make a proper game without previous easier projects ? this aint gonna work an unless you spend hours and hours just getting help off other people then you arent learning flash, you need to actually learn uses of most the keywords in flash and get familiar with them and then move onto a hard project because making a game like you are aint very easy 8) hope you take my advice

AS2 User CS4
    I know how to use actionscript. I typed out my platform engine by myself (exluding the sound, and bits and peices of the enemy; that was another asistant). I sorta read a book on AS2 and I read several tutorials. the as2 platform tutorial on newgrounds is pretty good. And you cannot copy text, it wont let you, it shows you what each one means and everything. The only that just wont register to me, is getting a good collision with the enemy to how I want it. And when I look at text like actionscript, ill begin to understand it and stuff. For ill take it apart one by one and see what does what. Eh, I need help!

well the question you asked the other day made it sound like you didnt know anythin about AS atall

AS2 User CS4
    eh

Programmer
    if this is a payed job, i am interested. (PM sent)
    Freelance: AS2, AS3, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript

AS2 User CS4
    D: sorry it isnt payed, but you can keep the .fla and I will give you the game in advanced. It will probably only be like 15 minutes of your time. sorry though

Sorry, Fettucini - I know you didn't put this thread here, but the Freelance forum is for paid work only. One of this forum's moderators will close this thread shortly.

Since you have access to the newer versions of Flash, you should really learn AS3 as it's a much more versatile language.

AS2 User CS4
    hmm... why would the amdin move it then?

You might want to post this on the NewGrounds Flash forum rather than a freelance forum.
    Send me a PM if you're interested in mini Flash games.
    Examples of my work: Arian Starfighter, Hikouki Consecution
    I'm interested in doing small-scale games at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fettucini View Post
    hmm... why would the amdin move it then?
    Because the help Forums are not for requesting paid or unpaid work but help you do it. If you want to give the job to a programmer and you do not want to pay that programmer for his work, you'll be lucky to find someone willing to give his time. That's true with any profession.

Thread closed.

gparis