A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Open JAR file with baShell command in Macintosh

Open JAR file with baShell command in Macintosh

Hello there. I have a project in Director and i need to open a jar file in a Macintosh computer. I read from buddy API help that the command that is used for this purpose is

<code>Result = baShell( Operation, Filename, Args, WorkDir, State )</code>

The file that i want to open is a jar file. This command works fine in Windows and the jar file opens! But in Macintosh never opens and i've tried many different combinations of the code.

Note that to run the jar file succesfully i have to pass the arguments "activate pc" after the command.
    For example to run the jar file in Macintosh from the terminal i write: "<b>java -jar myApplication.jar activate pc</b>".

This is the command i run from Director which doesn't works neither if i change the parameters

Case 1:<code>vResult = bashell("open","java -jar" , myactivationfile & " activate pc" , "", "normal")</code>

Case 2:<code>vResult = bashell("open","java -jar" & myactivationfile ," activate pc", "", "normal")</code>

In the other hand if i use the baOpenFile command the jar file runs but i can't pass the needed parameters (activate pc) to run the jar file properly.

Thanks in advance, I hope you will give me the answer
    cheers

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    This is FlashKit, you want DirectorKit
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio