A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Beginner's Tutorial: The Loader() Class

Beginner's Tutorial: The Loader() Class

A look at the loader() class for beginners at Eye-gor's Place.
    http://etuom.blogspot.com/2010/07/loader-class.html

thanks for this!

Nice quick tutorial, etuom! There's a lot of great AS3 information out on the web, but so much of it is difficult for beginners to understand. While knowing all the syntax flavoring and corner case idiosyncrasies is important, tutorials like yours give folks a hand who need to get up and running with quick success. Thanks!

This will help new people easily learn a useful bit of AS3. Thanks for making it so simple and clear.

Also enjoyed your gallery...Such beautifully executed watercolor and pastels.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The loader class helps me understand the loading of sound as well and I think I will probably write someting up on that too,

Thanks Rich for the artwork feedback...I'm exploring alternative methods to display since I don't like the blog for that. I'm playing around with googlesites until I can develop one in Koolmoves. https://sites.google.com/site/erictuominenart/

Another of your straightforward tutorials would be great...and sound is essential to many projects.
    The site looks good! Glad to see more of your work. Looking forward to seeing how you will display it using KoolMoves.