A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Play .MOV inside .SWF

Hybrid View

Play .MOV inside .SWF

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but decided just to come here and post my question.

One of my .SWFs is 95Mb, I have the animation in .MOV form and have been trying to play it inside the .SWF, but it would not play on Newgrounds, for example. I know you might have to make the .MOV play from a server to play on the web, but Im not sure how to go about doing that.

Im not a noob to Flash at all, Ive just never had to put my animation in .MOV form then back into a separate .SWF due to being such a large .SWF to begin with.

Im sure this is easily fixed, I guess I just dont feel like figuring it out on my own anymore.

Thanks.

maybe this would help...

Being New to flash as well.. my answer is not guaranteed...

But I'm working on a site where I have a video page (SWF) being loaded upon command, meaning when you hit the video button...
    and inside that SWF page it loads an external video file..

I use actionscript for this...

1: first import a fla player to your project, and save the project so it saves the player's swf in your project folder..

2:Than, create a AS layer in your timeline, and open AS. and add these codes.

Actionscript Code:
    stop();
    import fl.video.FLVPlayback;
    import fl.video.*;

var video:FLVPlayback = new FLVPlayback();
    video.source = (here you put the the locations of you MOV file,
    remember to have it located your project folder, if you put it in a folder like say VIDEO, remember to write video and the name of your file like this "video/myvideo.mov"; )

addChild(video);

video.x = ??? (the x - coordinates of where on the page you what the player)
    video.y = ??? (the y - coordinates of where on the page you what the player)
    video.width = ??? (size of the player)
    video.height = ??? (size of the player)

video.skin = "SkinOverPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf"; (the swf file flash created when you saved)

delete the text inside plus the (......).

hope this helps

good Luck...

When you say: "first import a fla player to your project..." are you talking about the .mov file in the form of a .flv file?

Thanks

Nope...

In your library, Right Click (if you are on a PC) and choose (New Video)

You than have the option of choosing what skin the player should have.. like what buttons should it contain, like fast forward, play volume up/down and color etc.

I'm on cs5 now, and it has change a little since cs4 now is all AS controlled, But think I remember that in the earlier version you could just import it, place on the stage/timeline somewhere and and the link to your MOV file under the component inspector..

Thanks beat! This was actually helpful to me too for something i'm working on!