A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Test your Actionscript 3 knowledge

Test your Actionscript 3 knowledge

Hey all

I’ve just finished putting together a new site to host quizzes on technical subjects such as Actionscript 3.

The idea came to me a couple of years back when i was studying for my flash certification, and couldn’t find enough example questions on the web. The idea is that not only can you take a quiz, but also post questions and even create new subjects on any topic you like.

It has a voting mechanism that removes poor questions from the pool, so over time we can build up a load of cool questions for anyone studying for a certification, or even just wanting to test themselves for fun.

The site is still an early beta, and as such needs a plenty of polish, and there’s probably still plenty of bugs to fix. I also have a load of features i want to put in, but in the meantime I present to you quizmash.com.

I’d appreciate if anyone could take a look at it, and even enter a few devious actionscript questions of your own devising. You need to be logged in to enter questions or comment on them, but not to vote. We use facebook connect too so you don’t have to register separately if you do’t want to. Of course if you have an idea for a new subject feel free to enter it too.

Cheers.

3 errors

A PHP Error was encountered
    Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/quiz.php

Line Number: 175

Filename: controllers/quiz.php

Line Number: 184

Filename: vo/Question.php

Line Number: 23
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hmmm. oh dear. I think it's fixed now :-/

Thanks for the bug report

I've also changed it so you don't need to register to add a question now.
    Last edited by ricick; 07-25-2010 at 11:40 PM.

There are several answers that are incorrectly scored in various areas. This site should NOT be taken seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As with any public content system, there's no guarantee on the quality of initially entered questions. Hopefully the voting system will mean over time the overall quality will increase, and will help people who have had content removed to write better questions.

That being said, if you see a question that's incorrect, and the comments don't justify it, then feel free to vote it down. Once it has enough down votes it will be hidden from the site anyway.

I'm actually thinking at some point in the future, of removing out voted questions from your past exam scores, so your averages won't be affected by bad questions in the long run. I haven't exactly figured out how this will work, but it's on the road map.

Maybe you could add a few questions to the pool to help out?