A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: video and skin not showing

video and skin not showing

Hello,

I've embedded an swf with an FLV player in a webpage and when I go to view the video online I am getting nothing where the video player should be. The skin is in the same folder as the .swf

All my paths point to the right location.

I really don't know what to do. I've tried searching for an answer and am unable to find anything.

Here is the url: http://www.simplesolutionguys.com/photo_gallery.html

A click on an image on the right should load a new movie into the flash player (which currently is not showing).

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Banned
    m2ts files always from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, JVC, Hitachi, including sony hdr-ux5, sony xr520, sony hdr-cx150, sony hdr-cx100, canon vixia hf200/hfs100, canon fs200, canon hg10, panasonic hdc-hs20/hs300, panasonic hdc-dx1, , jvc gz-hd40 etc.

iOrgsoft M2TS converter for Mac is the multi-functional and easy-to-use solution to batch convert M2TS from AVCHD camera/camcorder to all popular video and audio formats with perfect output quality and high conversion speed on Mac OS.

Your sites seems to be working. Congratulation for that!

you need to make sure your html code is right first. and the flash video(.flv) content is the same folder with swf. if you need, you can check this step by ste guide about how to put video on your web site. you can have a try too. hope it is useful

Just want to help dispel the myth that
    flash video(.flv) content is the same folder with swf
    which is usually propagated by developers who don't understand pathing.
    Your Flash content (.flv), the .swf and/or related .xml or image files can each be in whatever folder you want to but them. Period..
    Just remember that once you place a .swf on a Web page, the path inside that .swf back to it's .flv and/or other related files becomes relative to the position of the .swf on the Web page, NOT it actual, physical location!
    Yeah, I know that's kinda wierd, but that's how things REALLY work. So go ahead and store your Flash related files wherever you want, just remember to adjust your paths INSIDE the .swf accordingly.
    Video Man