A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash released for jailb0rked iPhones

Flash released for jailb0rked iPhones

http://www.rewritetech.com/install-f...e-4-video-623/

It will only work on ARM CPUs with the ARMv7 instruction set, so unless you have a Cortex A8 or better (read iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4) it will not run.
    It''s compiled for the ARMv7 architecture that the Apple A4 and Snapdragon is build on, so it's as optimized for android as it is for the Iphone.
    Looks pretty fast. I'll see tonight if dad will let me jailbr0k his iPad, then contemplate doing the same to my 3GS; be nice to try Invasion on it.

Btw, did Flash CS5 end up releasing with the iPhone export feature (obviously we can't upload to the iTunes store, but presumably Cydia are accepting, and iPhone devs could run Flash content on at least their own phone)?
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

I really think it's best to steer clear of apple for now. Steve Jobs is going crazier by the day, and there's no telling what weird policies he might come up with next...

A sample of his weirdness:
    As per the developer contract, if a user asks for a refund within "90 days" of the purchase, you, the developer will have to give back the full price of that software......but keep in mind, for each sale apple cuts 30%, meaning you actually received 70% and now you will be paying back 100%, lol.

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Portable-M...pers_3070.html
    actual contract: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...doc_id=5066580 (read point 6.3)

And yeh, cs5 has that feature to release for iphone......
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

bluemagica, not to defend that particular rule, i think everyone agrees on that not being a nice thing towards developers, but to give some perspective:
    1.: Rules like that are sadly pretty common on various platforms, so that doesn´t make it nicer but Apple surely isn´t the only one there, would be great if they´d be one of those doing it better on that end of course.
    2.: With the app store its not made as easy to get repeated refunds, whereas for example with the google android market place every user can with a prominently featured way return every app once easily. Hence why that way easier turns every app into a not time restricted full feature "demo".

For comparisons sake in the over two years i publish iPhone content i only remember ever having had one returned app.

Again, not to flame either side or praise the other side, i think all store outlets have to improve things on such ends considerably, but yeah, its good to check various competitors before flaming one for some particular downside all might have in same or even worse form.
    Last edited by tomsamson; 08-09-2010 at 09:06 AM.

eek....developing seems to be getting pretty dangerous
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

game creation has traditionally always been a risky business in a way, like with any entertainment content one creates one can´t tell for sure beforehand how much people will like it and how much money if any the particular content will make (beyond ideally at least covering creation costs).
    In some ways it is becoming more difficult, on other ends more options and alternatives are opening up, so like with most things in life which aren´t just black or white, whether good sides outweigh the bad ones depends on whether one thinks the glas is half empty or half full =)