A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: joke on a boat = 4 dead bodies

joke on a boat = 4 dead bodies

(CNN) -- Four men died after horsing around in a boat on a southern Idaho reservoir, authorities said late Monday.
    The bodies of four men were found Monday evening in the American Falls Reservoir in the same area where the men had fallen into the water a day earlier, said Cpl. Leilani Morgan of the the Power County Sheriff's Department.
    The search began Sunday for the four boaters after authorities received a 911 call from a child on their boat, said Power County, Idaho, Sheriff Jim Jeffries. The four men were "horsing around," he said. One man was standing up in the front of the boat and another man pushed him into the water as a joke, not realizing he could not swim, he said.
    "There were enough vests for all four adult men to have them on. However, they did not have them on," Morgan said.
    KIFI: Four boaters' bodies found.
    The victims have been identified as 57-year-old Darrel Shappart, 26-year-old Jared Hale, his 30-year-old brother Aaron Hale and 30-year-old Stephan Verbeck, Morgan said. The men were boating on the waterway Sunday along with five children under the age of nine.
    The frantic 911 call triggered a search where rescuers used boats with side-scanning sonar to locate the men in the reservoir, which is about 180 miles east-southeast of Boise.
    Ok seriously what? they pushed one person off the boat, and that person ended up not knowing how to swim... how did the 3 other people die?! i mean, even if you cant swim, you dont just sink like a rock you have a solid amount of time where just flailing around will keep you pretty close to the surface. did the other 3 not know how to swim either?

this just screams darwin award.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

reminds me of an article I read yesterday about a guy shooting off an ak-47 at his wedding and losing control of it- killing his father and I think 4 others and 6 wounded.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Ya ever try to save someone who is drowning and can't swim? They get a panic attack and attack you. I've been around pools and lakes all my life, As a kid had the ***** kicked out of me in the process of trying to save someone who was drowing and almost went down myself. That's because I knew how to swim not how to rescue someone.

Being able to swim does not mean being able to save someone. Ya have to think on your feet and have a game plan. Some people don't know what to do in a drowning situation.
    IMHO anyone who owns a boat should have to be certified in lifesaving.

this is an interesting article about drowning: http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/drowning/?10981
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

That reads right to me.
    But like I mentioned earlier. Even knowing someone is drowning isn't enough. You have to know how to save them.

Is gcaptain related to gshock?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by bar

I saved 4 people today, and i didnt drown,wear life vests people.

What is that at her legs?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by bar

sorry i cant even see my feet.

haha

Network Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    Ya ever try to save someone who is drowning and can't swim? They get a panic attack and attack you. I've been around pools and lakes all my life, As a kid had the ***** kicked out of me in the process of trying to save someone who was drowing and almost went down myself. That's because I knew how to swim not how to rescue someone.

My first few days at lifeguard certification involved getting near a drowning person without getting grabbed the wrong way. Literally the first few things you're taught are how to create distance, push off, swim down, and reset the rescue in case you get in trouble trying to save them. At the time I was 17 and got to 'practice' with 28-29 year old dude who was ~6'3, 190lbs, longer arms than mine, played the panicking victim pretty well. Was a struggle to get the arm cross body so I could pull him without him dragging me under.

It's hard. It's even more difficult in cold water, in moving water, and with alcohol involved (4 guys on a boat sounds like drinkin' time).

Sounds like a real conundrum in saving someone from drowning. I thought I read somewhere, or was it received advice, to knock the person out, and then drag him/her to safety. Hmm.

Saw that on a TV show it was bad

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Darwin award for sure.

...life jackets were named that to give the less astute a fighting chance of survival.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

I've been pulled under by the current white water rafting. It can get harry quick.

In other news. My nephew Tyler has started taking lifesaving classes.