A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: combobox focus

combobox focus

I have some content load into level1 and a combo box for re usability in level2.

When I use the combobox dropdown and select some arbitrary data...my navigation keys (as am using presentation slides as my content) loose focus...how can I keep focus and thereby navigate my slides(level1) after selecting to open some other external data(related to the content slides) using the combobox.

Im not exactly sure what your asking...

you have an interface..(a slideshow/presentation) that you navigate with your 'navigation keys' ??

but you change content/slideshows with a dropdown box? and when you are done choosing from drop down..you want 'focus' to go back to the nav keys?

is this correct?

sorted...

what I wanted was...I had a combo box that gained focus while opening up external files (projecter based) using fscommand and a few other tweeks and bits to open pdf files in adobe acrobat...after it opened a document i wanted to re-gain focus on the navigation keys...but because I'd openned a document in adobe acrobat...acrobat itself had focus...so all I had to do was click back on the application...however, the combobox still had focus...anyhew that has all changed ...do not need combobox to do that now...different plan...but if you can answer my question...please feel free...how qould i gain focus back?

I was going to say...that using one of the callbacks or some other 'event' triggered.. y9ou could switch the focus back to whatever object you needed..

but if its not needed.. I guess we dont need to test it out anymore eh? LOL