A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML Gallery Quits

XML Gallery Quits

Please see the site: http://www.vernerarch.com

This site was created in Actionscript 2.0. Please left me know if you have any idea what is going on here or how could this be bogging down?

I'm baffled by this problem and could use a fresh perspective. This SWF works great for a little while, then the preloader begins to slow, then quits loading an image altogether, like it got tired and just gave up.

Thanks in Advance,
    hybridge

it loads fine for me

Works fine here too. If there is a problem, it's in the code. If you need further help, post it.

gparis

If you run it for 15 minutes then navigate, you'll see thumbnails have trouble loading and everything slows down.

Thank you,
    hybridge

Not going to test this for 15 mns sorry. Try with and without the browser's cache enabled. If you have a problem with the cache enabled only, you can assume the problem is in the preloader code's condition.

gparis

Hi gparis,
    That's a good technique. What I ended up doing was to compare the source code the the last known version that didn't have the problem. I found a scrollbar() function call that when run, seems to suck up resources quickly. It was needed for only one section on the site. When I comment out the call, the movie runs without the crash. I will set it up so that when the navigation calls that section, it will activate the scrollbar and otherwise it should ignore that call.

I would love to spend more time on these boards, it is one of my great regrets to getting into web design where I primarily work with CMS technologies instead. I hate for being a newbie on this site and asking such a broad question. Thanks for taking a look and giving me an opinion.

Cheers,
    hybridge

resolved Resolved - XML Gallery Quits

Please see comments in next message.