A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Flipbook - Disable Movieclip after one page-flip

Flash Flipbook - Disable Movieclip after one page-flip

Hi.

I really need your help with this as I'm about to lose my sanity. I would be grateful if you can help.

I've created a flipbook in Flash. It pretty much looks the way I want it to except for one thing. On the 3rd and 4th page I've created a spread where it has have a movieclip playing inside the pages. It plays fine but everytime you're about to flip to the next or previous page it keeps playing the animation inside the page. Obviously I only want it to play once. Even though I put a 'stop' function inside the movieclip it still loops the animation. It looks like I have to set a function at the top level so it disables the movieclip after the first page-flip. Is this possible? Or is there another way that I can make the animation stop looping when about to flip pages? I could only attach the actionscript in word doc as the fla and swf where too big to attach. If you're happy to look into it I can email it to you. Sorry.

Thanks very much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i dont think it is possible that it just somehow plays even when you put a stop() command, you need to check if there arent any play functions that may be called on some event

I could only attach the actionscript in word doc as the fla and swf where too big to attach
    Make a copy of the .fla. Open the copy's library and delete all the images in it. Those are what make your file big.

gparis