A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to create my world?

How to create my world?

hey everyone,

Right now I am creating a game kinda like the helicopter game. I have been trying to decide how make my world. I tryed drawing the entire thing and then just have it play through in a motion tween (classic tween) but that was way way way to time consuming. So please if anyone has a better idea on how to create my world please help. and also when you hit the objects in this world you die and its game over just like in the helicopter game.

Thank You.

there are lots of ways. you can do tile based, bitmap or sprite based or physic based, and all of these can be mixed. I dont know what for are you doing with the motion tween, but i guess youre trying to scroll? Just change the x and y of the world for that, or use a scrollrect for better performance

I dont know how to do any of these things.
    I want to know if I can make it so the objects occur randomly each time coming towards you so that the world is infinite. Because creating my world by hand so to speak is very time consuming and will eventually end if the player gets through all of it. So how do I create random appearing objects.( i think it is done by having them fly forward and hit something behind the game off screen which will make them reset.

Any ideas.

You'll need a code for the movement (x, y and or z), a code for the random function, a code to set up your objects into an array (you'll pick up random objects from that array), a code to attach the objects from the library on stage, and a code to remove them when they are off-stage. That's for starters. Depending on your programming knowledge, start small and experiment with each of these tasks.

gparis

ok thank you gparis