A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using a cue point to pause FLV and timelines then a button to continue playing

Using a cue point to pause FLV and timelines then a button to continue playing

Been searching around the boards and online and can't seem to come up with any answers so was wondering if anyone on FK had any ideas =)

Im trying to make a FLV cue point pause the FLV and also pause the entire timelines inside the swf. Then everything would continue playing when the user would click a "continue" button.

Basically I have a flash presentation that load an external FLV and a bunch of graphics that go with the video. At one point I need everything to pause so a small flash game can come in and the user can play it and then when they are ready to move on they can click "continue" and the FLV would continue where it left off along with the rest of the timeline. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I have not worked with cue points, so I don't know about that. A "cheater" way I can think of would be to separate the one video into 2 sections. That way you can have the game play after the first video finishes, and then just start playing the second video after game.

The other option I can think of is to set up a function to test how much of the video has played and stopping it that way. I have not done that before but you need to access the time property of NetStream.

Good luck!

Good idea! If I cant figure a way to do it with cue points I'll "cheat" it. Thanks for the help! =)