A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with focus and component

Problems with focus and component

Hi, I have multiple swf's loaded into different levels. An editable dynamic textfield's focus goes haywire when a component (such as a textArea or UIScrollbar) is used. Not even used in the movie, just its very presence in the library is making the focus of the textfields constantly go to the left of the text box. You cannot edit the wording. It also only happens when several swfs are loaded into different movieNums, but works ok when just the one swf is loaded.

Here is another person with a similar problem...

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Flash 8. Whenever I have a component either on stage, or in the library, there is a problem with the focus. For example, I have a text field on the stage. If you click the text field, focus is set to it. And when you click anywhere outside the text field, it should lose focus. But this doesn't happen when the component is there. This causes a big problem if you use onKillFocus on the text field. Now of course, there's no problem when the component is gone from the stage and library. To test this out, make a new movie with a text field. Create an onEnterFrame function to trace Selection.getFocus(). When you click on the text field you'll see that it traces out the instance name of the text field. And when you click outside the text field it traces out "null". Now add a component to the stage and repeat the process. When you click the text field it traces the instance name, but when you click outside the text field it traces "null" for a split-second, then goes back to tracing the instance name.

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this problem?
    And another..

I have a small quiz with a seires of text input fields. Each question is on a different frame. Inside the input field is "type answer here". Users can select the text and overwrite it or delete it. For some reason after a few frames users can no longer select this text, either by clicking and dragging or by double clicking. The cursor jumps straight to the start of the input field and they have to delete letter by letter.

Anyone seen this before?
    And yet another...

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with some of my text input fields. After I fill out one of these fields and then click in it, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the field no matter where in the field I really clicked. That's OK, but...

If I then try to highlight the text that's in the field by using my mouse, it doesn't highlight. I can only highlight using the keyboard, by using SHIFT + one of the arrow keys.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any help!
    I think maybe it has to do with a common linkage conflict of the components between the various swfs loaded into different levels. Has anybody encountered this? Again, even the mere presence of a component in the library causes this wierd behavior with text fields.
    Last edited by sammy123123; 08-25-2010 at 06:51 PM.