A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Emailing a Flash EXE.

Emailing a Flash EXE.

My company emails our Flash EXE files out to customers. Most of these Flash files use keyboard events to navigate through them, and they load external SWF and video files. So, obviously, I have to package all of my movie files, SWF, and the main EXE into the same folder.

In the past, they have simply Zipped the file, emailed it out, and told them which file to open. Sadly, even this is too complicated for some people. I need to simplify the process.

I am trying to find a way to take the entire folder and bundle it into a single EXE file. Is this possible? Any other suggestions for simplifying this process?

Also, I need to find a permanent solution for opening the main Flash EXE file in a MAXIMIZED window. I don't mean fullscreen. I mean MAXIMIZED. In fullscreen, keyboard events don't work. But, they do in a Maximized window.

How can I accomplish this?

That‘s next to impossile. Try explain this in detail to your clients

Usually, I right click the folder and select either "send to" -> "mail recipient" or "compressed folder" (which you can attach to an email)

Marcos Coon

I don't have a ton of experience exporting as .exe from Flash, but when I send a "package" of files for preview purposes, I use an HTML file. I set up a Folder where there are two items:
    DOUBLE_CLICK_THIS_FILE_TO_BEGIN.html (or something, ya know)
    & the other item is a Folder (likely with subfolders) with all of the external assets. (using FlashVars to make this optional & dynamic is good, too)

Not sure if this - or something like it - will work for .exe files...?
    1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino is a portal of Hell.

In the past, they have simply Zipped the file,
    If youre just trying to zip all the files or contents of a folder then use WinRar "Wizard" to create a self-extracting .exe file. The executable file will work even if the recipient does not have WinRar installed. But this exe file will sound off their Viruscan alarms if emailed. I use WinRar Version 3.0..... PM me if you need help with it.

A while back I used "Setup Factory" to elaborately unzip and place all kinds of DLL, Exe, pics and so in all different locations. That would be a fancy way of getting them to your recipients and score some points.