A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing all elements from one flv to another

Question Importing all elements from one flv to another

Im gonna try my best to explain problem i have. I work in Adobe Flash cs3 and as2.
    First I have flv file no1 it contains buttons, animations, imported sounds and fonts, lot of layers, preloader and its all mixed on stage (its a kind of meny for a web page).
    Now Im working on flv no2 in which all the elements contained in flv no1 are represented as a small picture (button) which should call (make it visable like zooming that object) some mc that contains all the elements from flv no1 and working as they do in flv no1.
    Question is how to pack all the elements in flv no1 in a form of movie clip and import it to flv no2 and preserve all the functionality.

Ok, new here and this is my first post.

I think I know what youre asking but not quite 100% sure so this is what I do.

In the 1st MC (the source), highlight to select all the layers you want to copy. Go "Edit", "Timeline", "Copy frames".

In 2nd project, create a new layer, insert an MC and name it whatever, go inside that MC, and highlight the first frame then "Edit", "Timeline", "Paste frames". That should copy your frames, content, add the layers and import all your elements as well. I've had a few instances where it didnt copy the AS but you can take care of that in a snap.

This is a pretty basic step and may not be what youre looking for but oh well. Good luck.