A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Password protected folders on CD

Password protected folders on CD

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a CD that has password protected folders...is this possible within an executable file?

I am loading external swf files into a main executable flash file. The user will print off a certificate when finished and I need this and the externally loaded files within a main folder that is password protected.

Thanks in advance!
    Brian E.W. McNulty
    ShckByte@yahoo.com

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    There's nothing you can do to prevent the user from accessing files that the application has access to... the user MUST be able to do anything the application can do because the app runs under the user account (same privileges). That, and the file systems you can put on a CD don't support operating system level permissions and access controls AFAIK.

What kinds of files are you trying to protect and how are you going too use them?
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Thank you for your response. I am trying to mainly keep them from a certificate that will print at the end of the training.
    Brian E.W. McNulty
    ShckByte@yahoo.com

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    I got that part, but what kind of file (or files) make up the certificate? Is it something that your SWF is going to generate that you need to print? Is it a PDF? HTML?
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Oh, sorry. The certificate is actually within a quiz made by Captivate...they are now talking about having it so that when the user passes an email is generated. But either way, I still need to figure out how to hide the Certificate which is a .swf file. Thanks!
    Brian E.W. McNulty
    ShckByte@yahoo.com