A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: You know what I love? Drivers

You know what I love? Drivers

I love how XP will insist on checking Windows Update for a driver for the network card that connects it to the internet, that isn’t installed yet. What is it doing when it’s “searching”? Anyway...

Turns out that the RealTek website really isn’t that useful (was slightly worried when it recommended that I used a 800x600 monitor and Internet Explorer 6, Netscape or Firefox 1, I’m not kidding) and all their mirrors point to 403s – so without trying to inject a freshly installed XP machine with a tonne of viruses, where do you guys go to get reliable drivers?

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I would go to realtek for realtek drivers. I don't trust 3rd party driver sites.

I just went here and chose a random download site, that worked and offered the download. I cancelled and chose another, and that worked and offered the download, so maybe your 403 errors were temporary.

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

It is now. aaaaaaaaand <RANT>
    What in the holy fk is going on in east coast drivers minds? In my entire life I've never felt like rolling down my window and screaming, "WTF is wrong with you?" to the driver next to me. Since I've been out here I almost do it every Tuesday. The cars/roads ratio out here is down right criminal and it doesn't help that most of them are just paved trials from the civil war. Still, it would be tolerable if every 5th car wasn't cock blocking in the fast lane. I used to at least appreciate the logic of it being a female on her cell phone but out here its totally random. GET.THE.FK.OUT of the fast lane, I have an hour commute to survive with your dumb asses.

A friend told me last week that during a lane merge, the car of the left swerved into oncoming rather than brake then proceded to chase him all the way to work. Despite his parking lot being filled with security cameras and a cop following the nut job in, the psycho still rushed over and began shaking my friend before the cops grabbed and cuffed him. You gotta be fk'ing daffy!

Just this morning this dumb broad nearly ran a motorcyclist into the car next to him. He jammed forward to save his neck and the ***** gunned it until she was right on his ass then pulled up along side and started swerving in and out of his lane trying to make him wreck. She coulda killed the guy. I just had to pull up along side and scream, "What the fk is wrong with you!?"

That’s always been my advice to other people David. I tried again, sure enough managed to get a download but didn’t work. Went onto HP’s website (they make the computer I was fixing) and downloaded their version of the same driver, which did work. Oh well.

On a driving front... There’s a junction on my commute home where all the traffic merging in from the right wants to move into the left lane, and the traffic in the left wants to (including me) merge right. It never, ever works. Why they didn’t just build an over/under pass (they’s plenty of space, and other roads in the junction are raised/lowered) I have no idea, but it causes the most amount of fuss. I think most road rage incidents are caused by bad road design.

You sound like an Apple user.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

i had to go check on a break in at one of our wharehouses yesterday with a co-worker, and as we are driving a school bus stops in the oncoming lane to let kids off, the car in front of us stops(thats the law) but the person im with who is driving just blows past the car in front of us and past the bus while kids are in the road, of course there was a cop not 2 cars back and the person driving is trying to tell me about how when she lived in new york nobody ever stopped for school buses.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I had a funny thought about school bus drivers this morning. How do they know where to go? Clearly they couldn't find the school as kids.