A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: When refreshing IE flash gets stuck in the preloader frame and file does not play.

Question When refreshing IE flash gets stuck in the preloader frame and file does not play.

Hi there, Ive been looking around for an answer and so far no luck. Ive been having this issue on every version of IE and have no clue what to do with it. When refreshing IE flash gets stuck in the preloader frame and file does not play. I know it has something to do with cache in IE. Please help! If you wanna view what i get going go to this link and refresh the page (IE only)
    http://student.vfs.com/~gd13alex/christianalvarez/
    also if using Firefox sometimes nice and smooth animations dont work, it just jumps from frame to frame.
    Any help is greatly appriciated!

Why don't you reinstall flash player as well?
    That's the very first thing I'd do if I had this sorta problem

I have reinstalled everything so versionwise there are no issues I am aware that this is a problem in ie with caching flash files and not reloading them upon regular page refresh. Apparently there is a script fix that either gets put into my as3 or HTML I just don't know what it is and where to put it

When I went to your website I got a 2032 Streamerror in FF. To solve that check out this blog:
    http://www.judahfrangipane.com/blog/?p=87

The problem in IE occurs when several images or several high mb rich objects are loaded in a row fast using a for loop for example. This can be solved by using a Timer to preload, which gives more time to each loading than a loop.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -