A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is there a way to make a button not clickable

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to stop a button from being clickable. Lets say the user has been idle on a site for 5 minutes. I want to flash movie to through up a translucent cover on the buttons and make the buttons not clickable.

Thanks in advance

you can specify in the frame that you place a button for the button to behave as a graphic. This will make it unclickable. You even have options as to how the button looks as a graphic. Does it loop through the four states, does it play through just once, or does it use any of the four states as a static graphic. I almost always do navigation this way, so that when you are in a section that button becomes a static graphic held in the down state.

Since a graphic symbol can have effects just like a button, you can just turn down the alpha opacity or tint it for the effect you want. Just apply both opperations to the buttons at a key frame 5 minutes(dependant on FPS) down your main timeline. For the best effect, make keyframes, convert to graphic, add another set of keyframes a few frames later in the timeline, and then just tween either the opacity or tint.

yes

to make it unclickable, duplicate symbol, edit it and take off the hit area OR make it different color. On a time delay its difficult, because there is no real way in KNOWING what is idle :P but you can have it grey out until things occur such as load...