A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Disable keyboard shortcuts via Actionscript

Disable keyboard shortcuts via Actionscript

Hi All,

Hopefully an easy question!?

I have SlideShowPro (Photo Gallery) installed that can be navigated via arrow keys and various keyboard shortcuts. However on the same SWF is also a contact form...now whenever you fill it in and use the 'F' key it tries to put the flash file into Full Screen.

How can I disable all shortcuts when in frame 30 of my SWF (the contact form) and then re-enable them when moving away from that frame. Obviously I want to keep Full Screen and shortcuts enabled for the gallery so I guess ideally I just want to disable the F shortcut or all shortcuts on that one frame.

Using Flash CS5 with SlideshowPro. Have looked over the web but can't find very much on this issue at all (surprising?)

Thanks

Chris

AS2 intolerant person
    i assume you used an event (KeyboardEvent) to enable the arrow key interaction, when you want to disable it, you simply remove the event, and apply it again when you want it to work again.

flos

Hi flos

I haven't added anything manually to it. I think the full screen 'F' might be part of SlideshowPro but originally thought it was a normal flash shortcut.

However when the contact form is on Stage, SlideshowPro isnt. Is there a command I can use to disable shortcuts for that specific frame?

Thanks

AS2 intolerant person
    you might try adding keyboard events which fire empty functions to the keys you want to disable.

not sure if it will work however.

flos