http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/559544
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/glid...oid-grids-beta
    [/url]http://glider521al.110mb.com/GamemakerProjects/droidGrids.html[/url]

Made with:
    Flash CS4 (Actionscript 3)

Compatible with:
    Flash player 10.1+

Quick summary:
    Droid grids, is a survival top down shooter.
    You are a single soldier (+ a friend), armed with a variety of weapons and equipment (including an intergrated regenerating shield).

Aided by automated turrets, and various traps, your objective is to destroy as many droids as you can.

Current Features Include:
    • A wide selection of weapons: flame thrower, plasma smg, camo mines, shotgun, dual weilded pistols and frag grenades.
    • A variety of Intellegent enemies, which are able to home in on the nearest target, no matter where it hides in the maze. ranged enemies are able to accurately shoot their target.
    • Equipment: cloaking device, nanobot med kit, ammo packs.
    • Co-op split screen
    • Terrain Objects: explosive barrels, pits, forcefield bridges
    • Automated turrets: prioritize and shoot nearby enemies.
    • Cool effects: views blur when paused, and colorizes to red as your character takes damage.
    • More to come

Features to come:

This game, is still WIP, but with this SWF, I hope to demonstrate the potential of my game engine.
    There are many, more features and gameplay modes to come:
    • Civilian Escourt mode
    • Reactor Defense mode
    • Teleporters
    • Dropships
    • A more complex system of rounds and waves.
    • System for purchasing weapon upgrades/ armour permutations/ reviving or unlocking turret ports.
    • Better graphics

feedback is appreciated
    • If you have any ideas on how to improve the game, please post them here. So long as there not already on my website:
      http://glider521al.110mb.com/Gamemak...roidGrids.html
    • Please, only rate/review the game at newgrounds if you played the game.
      I'm getting frustrated that people are posting 0 because "the game didn't wanna load", or because their using using an older incompatible version of flash player.
      I really need reviews/ratings from people who actually played the game.
    Last edited by glider521al; 01-17-2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Changed Icon

wow, this place has turned into a project dumping ground.

No thanks sir, you will not be getting a vote from me.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Excuse Me!

according to:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=513006
    This is a place for sharing our projects and getting feedback.

I'm not just posting a gimmick with no redeeming features. The A.I. alone (shooting and navigation) took several weeks to get right.
    I've spent over 2 months on this engine, and I'm not doing anything wrong by asking people how it can be improved/what they think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee View Post
    wow, this place has turned into a project dumping ground.

No thanks sir, you will not be getting a vote from me.
    P.s. sorry I called you a 'jerk' for your previous post, I've had a lousy week...
    Last edited by glider521al; 09-09-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: being more civil

formerly hooligan2001 :) .hooligan's Avatar
    Nice game. Only problem I have is the aiming. Would be a great game for mouse aim or 360 spin aim. Only being able to shoot in the directions your character can face makes attacking a little hard.

Ran fine by the way.
    World Arcade | Facebook | Twitter - Follow MEEEE! or not......

Runs great, but yeh aiming is a big problem for your game and also I would like to see a minimap. At first I was pretty confused where all the enemies are hiding and making the noise...lol....

@mr malee: Yeh loads of people are showing their projects here, but I don't think it's a bad thing if someone is actually looking for feedback and not simply trying to sell their product.
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

Smile Thanks for the feedback

Hi guys thanks for the feedback. I'm starting to notice that getting votes/reviews on newgrounds is quite hard beyond the initial release (which didn't go so well because of an encryption problem rendering the initial version unplayable in flash players older than 10.1
    )

Quote Originally Posted by .hooligan View Post
    Nice game. Only problem I have is the aiming. Would be a great game for mouse aim or 360 spin aim. Only being able to shoot in the directions your character can face makes attacking a little hard.

The reason why I'm using the keyboard instead of the mouse for the aiming system, is so that two players can play split screen on the same computer. It will also allow me to implement a player vs player deathmatch mode later on.
    If one player uses a mouse (in vs. mode), than the other player who uses the keyboard will be disadvantaged.
    Alternatively I could just implement the mouse aiming in 1 player game modes, but I'm worried that this would be a bit inconsistent (especially if another player wants to jump in, and join mid game). What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemagica View Post
    At first I was pretty confused where all the enemies are hiding and making the noise...lol...
    In future versions the game will have a system of rounds and waves of enemies. You will be told where the main front of enemy spawns, with a few stranglers that try and sneak up behind you via dropships and teleportation.

You have a point about the noise. I should only play sounds of bullets/plasma shots that are close enough to the player.
    Several people have suggested the radar/minimap...food for thought in later versions.
    Last edited by glider521al; 09-11-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: I meant to use the smile icon

Smile Most significant updates yet in 0.16

Previous installments to this project, were aimed at AI and technical enhancements.

Beta 0.16 is more geared towards gameplay elements and I hope you like it
    (because I've lost some days that I should have spent studying)!

The game can be found at: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/561794
    Feedbacks/suggestions are appreciated.

New Features
    • Radar
    • Navigation HUD arrows to help you find downed turrets and the other player (co-op mode).
    • Enemies spawn more rapidly as you progress.
    • Turrets only respawn if you go to their specified ports and spend cash on them.
    • Numerous, helpful in game messages.

Bug Fixes
    • Camo mines are no longer triggered by turrets, nor do they explode the second that player 2 deploys them!
    • Sound only plays when you are in range, of the source.
    • Previously at the end of the game; the player got points for all the enemy units still alive onscreen as well! This has been corrected!

If you have any ideas for future versions let me know!
    Last edited by glider521al; 03-12-2011 at 07:05 AM.