A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pausing or stopping one scene to show another

Question Pausing or stopping one scene to show another

Hi, I am new here and did searches for what I am experiencing, but no luck in finding an answer. I am sure some of you have seen this.

I am building a flash content website. All is great, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out.

Here is the scenario: I created a scene with my splash, etc. the last frame loads a text menu. I would like the links for each text menu item to start a new scene for the content of that menu item. Then when it is over, have a return button to go back to my scene with the menu items. I created the scenes, but when ever I play the movie, the scenes keep going one right after the other.

Is there a way to stop a scene at a given point so the menu items are active and so forth?

I hope I explained this well enough... Thanks in advance.

I just put a simple stop(); command in the mc on a separate layer on the frames I want it to stop. I don't know if this is the best way to go about it but it seems to me it's better than a bunch of if statements telling it to stop on such and such a frame unless there is some need for the whole mc to play unfettered. Then I would think you would have to resort to ifs... Hope that helps.

Thanks. I did that late last night and forgot to post something saying I figured it out. Seems to work fine now. In fact I published it this morning. Thanks for answering anyway as someone else may need it later.

yw