A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help! Having trouble loading an external .swf file that talk xml from another folder

Question Help! Having trouble loading an external .swf file that talk xml from another folder

I'm creating separate xml Flash Galleries within different folders of my main flash website using the same folder structures. Homes/xml.Gallery.swf Logos/xml.Gallery.swf etc, etc. (This is where the data.xml file resides that goes with that particular xmlGallery.swf

When I go inside that folder with the xml.Gallery.swf and data.xml file, the .swf gallery opens and loads the images fine because the data.xml file is within that folder structure. Everything works great, but when I load that xlm.Gallery.swf file in my main Flash movie, the data.xml file doesn't load with it, and it doesn't work! No images load???

I DON'T want to put these files in my main folder because I will be creating several different galleries that need to load different images from different folders.

So my problem is how do I call that data.xml file to load with the .swf file when I want to open it in my flash movie, or how do I change each data.xml so I have several different data.xml like this data2.xml, data.3.xml and so forth.

I don't want to put them in the main folder because I will have different galleries in each folder.

Please help!Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images